Sling stixx

Randy11

I need to buy a new pair of shooting sticks before rifle season and was wondering if anyone on here has tried this set up? the price seems good, i just dont wanna order them without knowing if the sling is comfortable and you can get the sticks out fast. i hike upwards of ten miles a day hunting so its important that its comfortable.
randy

I would be willing to bet the sling stix won't be anywhere near as comfortable as a sling itself, especially after 10 miles. I carry my Steady Stix in a loop on my belt behind me and don't even know they are there. mtmuley

I think the idea is great but the stixx are made from plastic and did not look sturdy. I would go with the Snipe Pod. They work awesome!
Good Luck!

i used the polecat steady stix and really liked them last year, i think im just gonna buy another set of those but i wanna look at the snipe pods first, does anyone know if any stores in western montana carry them? or do i have to get them online?

Been using the stoney point shooting sticks and they work great! dont know what I was thinking when I bought the sling sticks ... they do not come out of the sling as well as advertised and they arent as long as the shooting sticks I have either so I took them back for a refund.
MB

Got a set of sling stix last year and I love them ,comfortable to carry on the rifle and works fine as a shooting rest.Great idea!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-07 AT 11:13AM (MST)[p]My Favorite line from the snipepod website.

"In most hunting situation, there is always some type of obstacle (grass, rocks, brush, cactus, etc..) that is taller than the bore of the firearm. And "MURPHYS LAW" dictates that that obstacle will be in direct line between shooter and target."

I love the definiteness with which we know that there will be an obstacle in your shot. Scientist don't fully understand the law of gravity, but by to "MURPHYS LAW" we know there WILL be an obstacle in your way if you don't have a snipepod

I am going to have to be the negative one here when it comes to the snipe pod. Used one a couple years back and I was trying to make a shot on a dandy muley on a little bit of uneven ground with not much success getting steady. One side kept kicking out, throwing my rifle off target. The same week, I had a nice buck broadside to me but the doe had me pegged laying on the ground in the prone position. I had to try and shoot from the ground, but trying to spread the legs out to shoot prone is almost impossible. Another thing is that the legs are fairly weak when you put pressure on them. Luckely I made a successful shot on that buck. Since then I went back to my Harris Bipod with no problems what so ever.

>I am going to have to
>be the negative one here
>when it comes to the
>snipe pod. Used one a
>couple years back and I
>was trying to make a
>shot on a dandy muley
>on a little bit of
>uneven ground with not much
>success getting steady. One side
>kept kicking out, throwing my
>rifle off target. The same
>week, I had a nice
>buck broadside to me but
>the doe had me pegged
>laying on the ground in
>the prone position. I had
>to try and shoot from
>the ground, but trying to
>spread the legs out to
>shoot prone is almost impossible.
>Another thing is that the
>legs are fairly weak when
>you put pressure on them.
>Luckely I made a successful
>shot on that buck. Since
>then I went back to
>my Harris Bipod with no
>problems what so ever.

I thought I was the last hunter using the Harris Bipod. I carry an extra in the truck just in case. I always thought sticks are what we played swords with as kids. I am getting old.

Ransom

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom