Smart Wool

cheeseheadinOHIO

I know the Smart Wool socks are the bomb but does anyone have any of the clothing? I read where they are great over your base layer and was thinking of getting a top and bottom. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

I use them as my base layer. The against skin comfort, body funk control are second to none, IMHO. Also, having insulative properties when wet can be a big upside. What you give up is some drying time, durability, and extra $$.

I also use them as a base layer. No itch, very comfortable and do keep the stink down on those back-country hunts. A bit spendy but I think worth it.

#3 who uses the smartwool as a base layer. I use the mid-weight top(zip-t)and bottoms and love them!! Not cheap but I'll pay for the quality of my base layers.

Scott
Member: RMEF, SCI, and NRA

How are they at moisture transfer? My base layer must first transfer moisture. I don't rely on that layer for warmth. But I do need it to get sweat away from my body.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I've never seen anything but socks, where do you guys get the clothing??? REI??

I bought mine from REI. As far as evaporation, I've had no problems and it breathes very well.

Scott
Member: RMEF, SCI, and NRA

Thanks guys... experienced advice is always the best. I plan to use my future smart wool clothing over my base layer, which by the way is Scent-Lok climafleece. The climafleece does pretty well moving the moisture away from my body but I'm not sure how it will transfer to my future Smart Wool. Good, I hope.
Thanks.
Oh, where's the best place to buy the Smart Wool clothing?

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-15-09
>AT 06:56?AM (MST)

>
>Cheesehead,
>
>Surf the net for prices.
>Two place's I would start
>are
> www.sierratradingpost.com
> www.backcountry.com
>
>There are lots of other sites
>as well.
>
>Bean

Sign up for sierratradingpost's email sales. They send out sales about twice a week. If you're patient, you can get 20% off and free shipping. I just got a batch of smart wool socks today for that price.

+1 KTG,

You know whant you want and wait for it. You'll pay a whole lot less that way. Don't limit yourself to just one website.

Bean

Sierra trading post, like some others buy overstocks and seconds and sell them at reduced prices. That said, I have never gotten a lemon from them.

If you put smartwool in the searchbox, you will come up with lots of socks.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom