Snow fall adding up in Wyoming.

Foxbow

Hows the deer, elk, and antelope holding up thru this winter.
Brutal temps latley, lots of snow.
Could be a rough one for the critters.

Well the deer are doing OK where I'm trying to cow elk hunt, we don't have much snow that is causing any problems here in the Ogden area, only about 6-8in. the Elk have been staying up high and I was hoping for a nice snow storm before the end of the month to move them down a little.. or a lot.

Temps have been brutal the last week or so, and when the wind starts forget about it... have to chip the ice off the ole mustache to just to breath...and if you sweat your hat freezes to your hair.. instant scalping.

So far the deer have been doing ok from what I have seen... NOW if the DRW would stop capturing the Moose and running all the other critters with them helocopters I will be happy.

While it's been cold the last week there is not a lot of snow on the winter ranges. Thus there is available food.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

I've been checking the NRCS snow measurement website regularly and there are not any places except right by Cheyenne in the Laramie Mountains where Wyoming is above normal for snowpack. Most places are in the 80% range and a few are less. There's some snow down low and it has been colder than normal, but no cause for concern just yet.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom