Snow in 39?

C'mon SNOW :) I really hope this gets the elk moving around. Been unseasonably warm this month so far.

it snowed on us Sunday around 6000 feet, was melting fast. Weather is cooler now than it was yesterday. I think there should be 6-10 inches up higher by the end of Tuesday.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-26-10 AT 09:24AM (MST)[p]Hey guys, I found a site that will give you some weather information at many locations over Idaho. (or other spots)
At first glance I did not understand the abbreviations but I found a spot on the website that says "describe headers"
I clicked on the area I wanted to see, then "view current" then I scrolled down to the correct date and there is the snow depth!

Hope this helps!

http://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/snotel/Idaho/idaho.html

unfortunately i don't think we got enough snow to push the deer down yet but has any body seen any movements down the mountains? set the trail cam up last weekend in my november spot and will go up this weekend to check it and see if anything is moving into the area yet. ill let you guys know what i find if any of you will be taggen with me and my wife. 13 more days :)

I hunted up there yesterday with my son.
There were 2" of snow at the very highest tops of the ridge across from Twin Springs. Snow on all the W faces, just a little.

I think by the weekend there should be a lot of deer down low.
They were just starting to come through a little yesterday.

Lots of hunters, 4 wheelers motor bikes horses. The ridges and trails were well covered, and of course drive slow on the corners the road hunters are out in force.

awesome! thanks for the update. might pack the powder with me to check the camera in case there's a dandy leading them down the mountain lol. good luck to you and you boy i hope you both get nice bucks. may the toad force be with you both.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom