Snowpack

BuckSnort

Long Time Member
I was just looking around on a website that lists some snow sensors here in the Sierra's... In some of the areas I pack into there was 10' more snow pack at this time last year ... That's a lot!... Looks like I will be hitting the high country much earlier this year.. Just wish the mosquito's were as thin as the deer around here..lol

Here's a cool link to some snow sensors for those of you fellow CA residents http://cdec.water.ca.gov/misc/SnowDepth.html

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

There may not be a lot of snow compared to last year, but we're still in good shape, water-wise. I live above Folsom Lake and have watched it rise dramatically in the last 6 weeks. It is now to the point where they are letting water out of the spillway as the lake is completely full. It was way down in February, but the March and April storms really dumped a lot of rain and snow. I imagine that Oroville and Shasta are also in great shape going into summer, don't know about the lakes farhter south.

LAST EDITED ON May-01-12 AT 02:25PM (MST)[p]Oroville, Shasta, and Bullard's Bar are in great shape water wise.
Before these last rain storms, the Sierras North of the Yuba River was at 73% on the snowpack. Below the Yuba river it was about 53% to central CA.
RELH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom