Some proud hunters with their trophy

Proud "hunters"? More like game theives!
Thanks for posting the article so we can see how ridiculously low the fines are. The only real punishment is the 10 year license suspension.
Thanks,
Zeke

Unfortunately taking a license away from a poacher means nothing. They kill with or without a license.

Slap on the wrist. I noticed they're of the Facebook crowd...interesting dudes to say the least. Not the brightest in the world to post pics online either. Like was said...taking tags from them isn't a punishment. They obviously had no problem killing without one in the first place.

You guys are right. I didn't remember that they are poachers and a tag means nothing to them. I'm even more angry about the little tiny fine!!!!
I thought that trophy animal poaching carried a larger fine.... or is THAT the larger fine?
Zeke

They are pretty young looking, they may not even be 18, so that might have to do with the smaller fine, but then again, if they were youths, they probably wouldn't be posting names.

I think in order to get a trophy fine, the deer has to exceed 24" in width, which that deer is probably close to, but may not exceed, it's close.

So a couple things I notice. First I wonder if they had a tag for Colorado that bordered the Book Cliffs Unit? If so I know it was still illegal, and 3 miles is a long ways to be off. If they did have a CO tag it would have potentially taken them years to draw so what would be the point of taking a UT buck.

I wonder if the Colorado DOW could also press charges since it was brought into our state.

The other thing is your fines are really low and the crimes class is also disappointing.

In Colorado regardless of trophy size, leaving a body to rot is a felony. It automatically places the crime further up the scale. Also the fines would have been higher here are well. Our trophy rules are also based on point I believe.

The money was not enough. Luckily not all criminals have a brain.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-17-12 AT 11:34PM (MST)[p]Once you transport illegally taken game across state lines, you've now violated the Lacy Act, and that brings to the table a whole new set of violations. Don't know why nothing was mentioned in the article about that, but I'm sure there's more coming down on these criminals.

What a gorgeous buck too....idiots.

gaetz

Great looking Buck.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I met Lt. Robertson out in that area last year while on my dad's hunt... He was a great guy, and he made me feel like he was incredibly dedicated to his profession... This proves it even further..!!

Great job Lt. Robertson..!! This is a deer that I could have potentially hunted when I draw that tag, so it really affects me personally... I hope more comes down on these guys as well... In the form of jail time and fines...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom