some Unit 8 luv'n

Idaho75

The moose was the wife's. Not bad for about 4-5 hours of hunting time!
989720141012_153006.jpg

833020141014_152741.jpg

773220141014_134551.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-09-14 AT 08:52PM (MST)[p]I think we are going to need to see more pictures of that one on the bottom!

>LAST EDITED ON Nov-09-14
>AT 08:52?PM (MST)

>
>I think we are going to
>need to see more pictures
>of that one on the
>bottom!

Lol! +1!

Well...congrats to your wife. I'm quite jealous as I have spent 35 days so far this year hunting moose, and have not seen a single bull as big as hers!

Those elk can be tough ol' buggers!

Why yes...yes it was. Lodged is the perfect word for what that broadhead was! Lodged right into the neck vertebrae! Anybody from that neck of the woods know someone that lost a poorly shot 6x1? There can't be too many of those things running around..?

I gotta ask, am I seein things on my little phone screen, is he also missin his right eye and part of his ear?

>I gotta ask, am I seein
>things on my little phone
>screen, is he also missin
>his right eye and part
>of his ear?

Might explain the goofy horn on his Left Side. PS Don't mean that in a derogatory way, I'd shoot this bull over one with matching 6x for the cool and unusual factor any day.

The ear is whole, the right eye was the exit point. Only shot I had was the back of his neck. he was bedded tight in the brush.

Thanks guys. I didn't know he was a freak bull til I had shot him. He was holed up tight like a whitetail and wouldn't bust out so I shot him through the back of the neck at 75 yards. He was in the Clearwater breaks below Genessee. He is the second bull I have taken out of this canyon, and both had defective antlers. The other one was a 5x with the other side a big club that hung down. I will see if I can dig up a picture of him.

Yes, it was this years. It had broken off and I didn't see it until I had skinned up the neck. Had a bunch of maggots cleaning the wound channel, but other than that I couldn't see that it was having too much of an adverse affect on him. Still had a bunch of fat on him. Archery had been over 3 weeks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom