Son Drew Lookout Mt Big Horn!

muleyman

Very Active Member
Since the draw began my family has been putting in for this hunt. For 8yrs my son Tanner has been coming along on my hunts and for the last 3 seasons he has been able to hunt under Oregons Youth Mentorship program.

Tanner is now 13 and has drawn this once in a lifetime tag for the Rocky Mountain Big Horn Sheep!

When he was 9 I couldn't have been more proud
3601tanner.jpg

When he was 11 after hunting hard for 5 days he was able to connect at 340yrds!
3754tan.jpg

Most recently last weekend, a rabbit that he had been chasing for weeks on our property. He gutted, skinned and fried it up. He said "it tastes like chicken dad"! LOL
3932tann.rab.jpg

Sept 13th can't come soon enough! Best of luck to all that have drawn tags...

muleyman

Muleyman
I have no doubt you are every bit as excited as Tanner. I too was able to assist my son on his first sheep hunt, although he was ten years older. I am sure it will be an epic Fall for you both.
On my son's hunt I picked up an inexpensive video camera and tried to capture as much of it as I could. I pretty much botched the kill shot, but we still have a great time rewinding those memories.
As young as Tanner is, he may have a hard time understanding how lucky he is to hunt sheep. But if your experience is anything like ours, you will both refer to this adventure as a hunting highlight for decades to come.
I'm very excited for you both and as Robb has suggested, keep us in the loop!
Congratulations to you both

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom