Son's First Deer

FamilyMan

Very Active Member
The Youth Hunt forum here on Monster Muleys doesn't get much traffic, so I decided to post the story of my son's first deer in this forum also.

I have been meaning all year to post up pictures of my son's first deer. Bad Dad for waiting so long. He took this whitetail doe in western Montana just before dark (which is why the photos are not that great). We were working our way through a woodlot when we spotted this doe with one other. It took quite a bit of cat-and-mouse, but we finally moved into position for a shot. He settled his rifle in-between the trunk and branch of a young sapling, aimed carefully, and squeezed off a perfect lung shot.

We were both thrilled to see the deer fall in its tracks. He paced the shot off at 60 yards, taken with my old 30-30 Savage. The first thing he wanted to do after the pictures were taken was to call his mother and grandparents to tell them that he'd gotten his first deer!!

Nice Job Justin!

12img1782.jpg

8518img1787.jpg

Mark
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l303/Bancale/Family Pictures/muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

Good job Young man, you helped your family with a good supply of winter meat. Good luck in your following seasons, Hope you get some trapping in this fall.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Congratulations young man, nice shoot'n....better watch out Dad. Looks like your going to have a bunch of competition. Justin, you are the man.....:)

))))------->

Congrats on that first deer Justin. You just provided your family with some great meals.

RELH

That Will Work!!

We all need to introduce future generations to our passion.

Congrats to the young Man and proud Papa!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Congratulations to both of you, and thanks for posting. I have three sons, and I can remember vividly in my mind's eye the details of each of their "first deer". This posting gave me pause to reflect on those hunts. Off to a great start...hope you have many hunts and experiences yet to come!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom