South Africa finalizes lion hunting laws on "canned" hunts.

BowHuntr

Ran across this article this morning. Pretty interesting read. Glad to see that laws are being set in place to ban these canned hunts. I really hope this starts to set a precedent in regards to canned/high-fenced hunts in general. I would really like to see them all done away with. I don't understand how people that take place in these operations call themselves hunters. It's unethical, sad, and should be illegal.

BowHuntr

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070220/ap_on_sc/south_africa_hunting

"Hunting should be about fair chase ... testing the wits of a hunter against that of the animal," he told a press conference. "Over the years that got eroded and now we are trying to re-establish that principal."

That's what is going to happen here. I'm not for any anti-hunting laws but canned hunts, food plots, airplanes, greedy outfitters, and the other crap is giving these anti's more ammunition.

This is good news. I have hunted twice in Africa, and both times other hunters took "canned" animals. One a leopard that had been supposedly drugged and went up a wash and laid down until it was shot the next day. And the other was a lioness that I got to see and touch. It came out of a enclosure that had about 20 other lions (approx. 5 acres). The worst part was that some of the males had names, I have one in particular on video, King George, that was such a cool lion. You could could run along side the cage and he would run along with you and then jump up on the fence. Very cool, but glad I was on the other side of the fence, those animals are big. I am sure George was sold to the highest bidder and shot. Good law.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom