South Dakota question

searcher

Just curious about the overall outlook for antelope and mule deer in South Dakota. A couple of years ago I found out that non-residents could not draw antelope licenses. Is that still the case? I was looking to set up a DIY hunt in South Dakota and as I recall, a non-resident could apply but there were no non-resident licenses available to be given out. It was due to a couple of severe winter kill seasons followed by too many tags given out the following season so the next year SD just cut way back. I'm just wondering how things look now.

thanks for your comments.

I believe for the firearm antelope season nonresidents were only allowed to apply for leftover licenses in the third draw, which hasn't happened yet but there won't be any left by then.

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like no non-resident antelope licenses again this year. Is there any sign of the antelope and mule deer populations turning around yet?

Thanks again for the replies. A few years ago, I was wanting to hunt South Dakota as I had never been to the state and wanted to hunt in several western states but it looks like I may never make it now. Good luck in your hunting efforts.

Tim

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom