south paw problems. help??

M

muleymaster

So im an avid sportsman, hunter, and shooter. The problem is finding rifles that are left handed. I have a few right handed bolt guns and my favorite gun is a Winchester M70 classic sporter LH 30-06 with a Leupold VXII 6-18-40 with target knobs. I did the trigger my self and also bedded the action and floated the barrel. anyway, i can shoot the hell out of it but relading is to expensive for varmints. I needa varmint rifle.

Any ideas? Ive heard that Sako makes a LH varmint rifle.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-10 AT 09:47PM (MST)[p]Well,
I know Remington,Browning & Savage offer .223's in South Paw,I'm sure there are others?
I'm sure the 22-250 & 243 would be options also.
What caliber are you looking for?

Add Ruger Hawkeyes and Tikka T3 Lite's to the list of available lefties in varmint calibers. You may not find many on the shelves, but they are easy to locate on websites like Gunbroker, and you can have them shipped to a local FFL with little hassle.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-10 AT 11:59PM (MST)[p]My dad has the same problem as you. He wants to hand his guns down to (us) his boys who are all right handed. Not wanting to buy left handed guns that no one else can shoot but him . So to solve the problem he shoots and owns alot of Browning bars in differnt calibers.

I feel your pain. I'm just buying my oldest daughter her first firearm. My two daughters 11 and 8 are both left eye dominant. I have quite a few righty guns......guess I'll start building up on the lefties now.

respect my authorita

I started with my dad's 760 game master pump in 30-06, I killed lot's of deer with that rifle, but past about 100 yds the accuracy was less than stellar. When I finally got a decent job I bought a lefty Browning A-bolt in 280 with a Vari-X II, I couldn't believe how much better my shooting was. Now I have several leftys in various calibers. I won't be able to hand them down to my son but maybe I will have a grand child who is one of the chosen ones

haha thanks for the help guys. im looking for a .223 .22-250 or .243 I know the tikas and what not are available but the tikas are a mid level gun and the others are sporter weights. I can get a remington sps varmint but it is again, a mid level gun. i want a good gun. cooper, kimber, FNH, sako, that sort of thing.

the one i like a lot is the Sako 8r varmint in .223 sweet gun

Why not get an AR style rifle? I'm a lefty and have an AR 15 style .223 [Rock River] with 20" stainless barrel and it shoots better MOA than I can shoot it. The normal variants have been no problem for me but Stag sells a LH version if thats what you want.

Huge advantage to the Ar platform. You can have a varmint upper, then in 10 seconds, swap the Varmint for a shorter barreled assault, larger caliber, whatever you want.

"In nature there are neither rewards nor punishments; there are consequences"
Robert Green Ingersoll

Have you checked out E.R. Shaw custom rifles? They build customs on a Savage 110 action with almost all the calibers and the choice of several different barrel contours. Best of all the are very resonably priced

I too am left handed and for varmits shoot a Remington 700 VSF in 22-250 and it is a tack driver.I go through about 500 rounds a year and this is my third year with the gun and it still shoots good. My deer rifle is also a vintage 700 in 7MM Rem from 1975 and just had it redone in the same caliber by Kirby Allen. That guy knows his stuff! I bought my wife a Cooper Phoenix in .204 for Christmas and would highly recommend the rifle. It shoots tiny little groups and is deadly on ground squirrels out to 500 yds. Not the pop of a 22-250 but very fast with no recoil. If money is not an issue, look at Dakota Arms, they build a quality product!

I shoot the WBY Mark 5 300Wby, look at the LH Wby Varmit or the lightweight hunter. JB

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom