south slope yellowstone moose

monroebnd

Hey guys I am looking for any info that can be shared about this unit. My 78 year old dad, who just had double knee surgery in april, drew this unit and I am concerned about him and hiking. I drove the unit boundary Saturday and am not afraid myself to do the work we are just in Brigham City and have limited time to scout. Again any help would be appreciated as I want him to have a good experience and he has already been worried as we usually put him in more local and this year we wanted him to get drawn as he has waited many years and is not a spring chicken. He is however my hero and took me hunting from a very young age, so I owe him big time for not only that but being a great father and example. I will also call the biologist this week.
Thanks in advance for any help! Layne

I also posted in the moose forum and hope it is okay to post here as well. This is a Utah hunt. If it is not appropriate let me know and I will delete it.

Here is a link to my S slope hunt 2 years ago,
lots of info.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-b..._thread&om=2390&forum=DCForumID30&archive=yes

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

heatman I just saw your pm from august. my bad! I sent you a pm.

TO others I have only been able to go out with my dad for a day a day and a half at the beginning and am just now trying to rearrange my time to get him out this weekend or early next week. If anyone has been in the unit and can help us pinpoint some moose I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks Layne

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom