Southern Gila's

BuckRage

LAST EDITED ON Aug-21-12 AT 11:27AM (MST)[p]My question is do the deer in unit 24 in the Gila Forrest come down (migrate) from the forrest to lower elevations during winter? I have heard that when it gets cold and the snow starts to fall that mountain mule deer will move down to winter range but desert mule deer don't have winter/summer ranges. I'm not sure what to think since they are desert mule deer but have mountain range of the Gila that does get extemely cold and gets more snow. Any input or thoughts?

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom