southern utah/ arizona sucess

W

whiteshadow

found 3 so far pretty decent nothing to write home about though. reason for this post is cause im disgusted with how many four wheeler tracks i found down on the strip. seemed like every draw i went into had tracks. also whoever did it did a pretty shady job of it cause all my horns were 5-20 feet from them. to whoever does this down on the strip... curse your whore of a mother for bringing you into this world and giving all the other horn hunters a bad name. going back out tomorrow going to get some more. keep you posted

Likely the same folks that curse "city-type" hunters for so many things and there they do it themselves when it comes to hunting for sheds.

If I catch one blazing thru the trees Im going to close -line their ass right off the bike and give them a good ass kicking, I havent ran in to any one yet but I hope for that day soon, i'll post the pics for everyone to enjoy,May even shove a 3- point right up their ass , base end first ,let em walk out with that back home..

I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE STRIP ALSO,FOUND 10 HORNS IN 4 DAYS WICH IS UNBELIEVABLE FOR THE STRIP. IVE BEEN GOING DOWN THE LAST 4 YEARS AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE SEEN WHEELER TRACKS OFF THE MAIN ROAD,BUT THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN IS THE BOOKCLIFFS.

ya i see that a lot too. i was out by nevada last week and found 2 in a wash not more than a foot from the wheeler tracks i guess he was going too fast. i did have some luck on the strip this week though for once. nothing big but did find a decent brown 4 point and no wheeler tracks so that was good.

I didn't run into any wheeler tracks in the area of the strip I was on last weekend...garbage on the other hand was out of control!! Beer cans, bags, cardboard, bottles, ect...laying everywhere!! I found a few sheds but nothing great...here they are
7070314001751.jpg

~Z~

ya wasnt too impressed with what i found on the strip. always hear of stories of guys finding them that look like tree limbs. i find bigger stuff up where i live. but that muley crazy guy has his store that is what shed hunting dreams are made of and what he does is ultra light flies the whole strip and just remembers where they are after they turn white and goes and picks them up... good idea and covers lots of ground... but i have a full time job and dont really have the dough or the time to be blowin on an ultra light. one day maybe though. thinkin about investing in a lab though after seeing fatroosters luck and a few of my buddies have them.

Your story sounds very familiar to what me and my friend experienced out on the strip earlier this week. Couldn't get away from the wheeler tracks no matter how hard we tried. Very disheartening and unmotivating to hike all day knowing wheelers had been all over, but we did find 4 antlers all within 30 feet of wheeler tracks. Biggest was a 72 inch two year old single. Not bad for my first strip experience, but hopefully something bigger will be found in the trips to come.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom