Southern Utah Gnats????

stanley

Very Active Member
Greetins all:

We're leaving early next week for our annual camping trip to Southern Utah. I've been camping twice in Northern AZ (just SE of Flagstaff) over the past 4 weeks, and both times the gnats have been horrid! These little suckers bite! I've never seen it like this.

Has anyone been camping/fishing/scouting in the mountains from Panguitch south towards Navajo Lake & Zion? I'm curious if that area is overrun like it has been here in AZ.

Thanks in advance for any help.

S.

:)

I was almost smack dab in between Panguitch & Navajo over the weekend--I don't think I saw a single gnat! Infact, it was so hot and dry that I didn't see hardly any living creatures.... I've never seen the mountain look this bad--the streams that are usually flowing in August are bone dry, the roads have about 3 inches of powder on them--everywhere you go is nothing but a cloud of dust. I would postpone your trip until it rains--no kidding!

Thanks for the update on the gnats (or lack of them...). Bummer about it being so dry up there. No chance to postpone our trip though, as we have folks driving in from several different places and re-scheduling just doesn't work.

We'll go and make the best of it as usual. ;-) Glad there won't be any gnats though!

Thanks again,
S.

:)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom