Southwest desert cows

ElevationTrip

I drew a cow tag for the southwest desert. I have covered some serious ground on Indian peak range, this is going to sound funny, but I'm having a hard time finding any cows in the southwest desert. where should I be looking? Thanks for any help you can offer.

The DWR/WB tripled the cow permits because the farmers were complaining there are too many elk and we had droughts. Then we had great rains this summer. I hope there are a few left after the season.

Did you find the cow elk? Update?

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Success!

This was my first elk hunt and we finally found where they were wintering. We got a huge beautiful cow. My brother, who has much more experience, guessed around 400lbs.

Filling up the freezer!

Thanks for the tips on where to find them.

Congrats! My son shot the first elk of our family last year up near Richfield and we love the meat. So much so, we'll be putting in again next year separately so it'll up the odds of one of us getting drawn.

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Good deal! There are a lot of elk out there, but with the long season and so many tags they get pushed and you have to find the out of the way places. Not many want to drive clear out to the State Line but those that do seem to find success.

>>You weren't hunting in the wma
>>where you?
>
>
>What is the "wma"?

The wildlife management area. Aaron is trying to get you in trouble! :)

That's complete bs. They raised the tags because the blm has too many mustangs!
The range is depleting and ranchers and sportsmen are getting shafted because the blm
Won't manage the dang horses!

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom