southwest idaho (unit 40)

haven't heard much from 40 but from what i've been seeing and hearing in 39 it'll be another week or two. id say next storm and a little closer to full moon. new moon is this weekend and full moon is the 21. late this week and early next week should be good travel times. today is the first day i've seen them migrate in northern utah and ours usually follow right after. (im a dedicated truck driver for the i-84 corridor so i see quite a bit lol) does any one else agree with aproximate rut times?

bagged a halloween buck in 39. big, fat, rut neck and smelled rutty, shot him while chasing does. or he was just running behind them, hard to tell in this case. good luck to ya.

havent heard any news on 40 but we have been seeing bucks chasing does in unit 31 & 39 for 2 weeks mostly smaller bucks

Thank you for your input any other info anybody else has would be great.thank you

I drew unit 42 but won't be leaving till the 4th for my hunt. Even though I haven't been there yet, I'm expecting the rut to have a good start by now.

Yeah the deer are for sure rutting in 40 already at least up high anyways.

Thanks for the reply muleyman621.sounds like you have been out scouting around. some good bucks around?

thank you

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom