Special Use Permits

HighDesert

Ok so with what Brian Said about the finders fee. I have one on permits I see everyone screaming about guides who do not have permits in certain areas. I am a guide Here in Oregon I guide almost exclusively on Public Lands. Primarily in SE Oregon very wide and expansive country. However there is one Unit in SE Oregon I am not permitted in That is the steens I would love to get into them.
However what I ran into this year was a pretty funny thing. I had a guy with a Sheep tag call me and ask me to guide him I said I was not permitted in the area and I could not assist him. He tried a few other ways to get me to where I could help him. I kept telling him that it is illegal. So he gets all upset and everything that I would not help him in an area I am not permitted. I know I did the right thing but why can people just not understand.

So I am on the List to get a permit however I also have a governor Tag for Deer in Oregon and I talked to the Managing Agency and they are more then willing to give me a permit for that Individual Person hunt. Just amazed me in the ways it works and how big money can influence public policy.

So my question is too every this simple one in an area that is 70 miles long and 30 miles wide with 2 people patrolling it would risk guiding in an area you are not permitted to provide services in.
My answer is a simple one NO. I can help anyone out in the world for free but the second they pay for an ounce of gas or anything I am then being reimbursed and that too me is just like getting paid. What do you all think?????

They are for real. Fair or not, like it or not, if you want to guide on public land you have to get the proper permits which requires a minimum $1,000,000.00 dollar liability policy in place prior to the permit being issued.

www.awholelottabull.com

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom