Sportsman Outdoors Store in NM

jjsilva

Finally got a chance to check out the New Store that opened in Albuquerque. Awsome!! Huge!! I could have stayed there all day. They have any thing you need for hunting for about the same price as cabelas without the shipping. I recomend checking it out!!

I've been there a few times. Awesome store. Stop by on Sat. the 28th for their grand opening. I will be sitting at a table for the SFW. Stop by and say "hi".

nmtaxi & jjsilva,
I know this is totally off the subject of the new store, but i noticed you guys are from Albequerque (or somewhere in that area) so I have a question that maybe you can help me out with. Have either of you heard of Nontypical Outfitters operated by Adrian Romero?

I haven't heard of them. Which might be a good sign. You always hear about the bad ones. But I can't give you any useful info.

Hoyt- I would suggest you call G&F asap and ask some questions. I heard a rumor that they got there liscense pulled. I'm not for sure why though. I did check the G&F website and can't find them on the registered outfitters page...

nmelk13,
The reason why I posted the message I did is because I am trying my best to get a hold of Adrian Romero to get my elk horns back that he never sent to me.

Last year I went on an archery hunt w/Nontypical Outfitters & killed my very first bull elk w/a bow. What makes my story even more ironic, the bull was only a 5x5 so the horns are not worth any numeric value to anyone besides myself who was the proudest hunter alive when I arrowed the bull. To make a long story short, after being dropped off at the airport & giving the $ to Nontypical Outfitters to send my horns via UPS they have yet to show up after a full year. I have tried everything in my power to contact Adrian but have yet to recieve a single phone call back or information on my elk horns. All I have to say to everyone out there is make sure you do your intensive homework on your outfitter long before you ever book the hunt.

I have taken the action of contacting NM F&G & the higher power of the RMEF; I'm beginning to come to reality of the fact that I will probably never see those horns again. If anyone has any information or ideas please let me know.

Hoyt- That sucks bad. I know one of my friends knows him but not sure if he has talked to him in the last few years. I will send you an e-mail if and when I can find anything out for you....
Arley

Hoyt- That does suck!! I will ask around and see if anyone I know,knows who he is. Is he from Albuquerque? Where did you hunt?

jjsilva,
Thanks for your help, the last thing I ever want to do is bad-mouth anyone via chat rooms but I have no other solutions. Can you blame me; I want my horns!! I believe Adrian lives just out of Albuquerque in a little town called Seboyeta? We hunted the Toulee (spelling??) Mtn range last year in mid-september.

Hey HoytHntr,
I talked to a guide this weekend and he said he knows Romero. He said hes still Guiding. I will try to get a number for you.

It has been opened for a few weeks, it is right next to Costco. I-40 & Montano on the NW side. If you can find Bob Turners Ford then your very close. Prices seemed Good!

jjsilva,
Thanks for the info! I have tried that contact # several times w/no luck. I tried emailing his web site as well & everything gets returned. Thanks for all your help, its greatly appreciated. If your friend knows of any way to contact Romero please let me know.

Thanks again,
HoytHntr

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom