Spot and Stalk in Unit 6

dnielson

I am looking at doing a spring bear hunt in unit 6. I have never been in the area just been reading online that unit 6 had some of the highest harvest numbers for 2015. I have read on some other forums that unit 6 is really dense. Just wondering if it would be possible to do a spot and stalk bear hunt. Any help is much appreciated thanks.

lotta bears in the panhandle units. There is alot of logged areas in this unit. The bears will feed right on logging roads when the grass greens up. Get up high and there are big open mountain tops and ridges, but snow will limit that till mid june or so in some areas. I wouldnt even bother to start looking for bears till Mid may at the earliest and the best being end of may into June

Plus one to huntnnw. Nailed it. Even though dense, most all of our bears are shot at under 100 yards. Ease around each corner in the road and sooner or later there will be a bear feeding or traveling on the road.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom