Spot and stock bear hunting

a10warthog

Just curious on your guys thoughts about decent spot and stock units for bear. I hunted unit 10 over bait with an outfitter last year and that was fun but i would like to try some spot and stock.Opinions?

Are you dead set on going with an outfitter. Spot and stalk bear hunting isn't the most difficult thing. Pick a good unit based on harvest info and find a drainage that has food, water and shelter and go glass around the 1st couple weeks of may. I think I've heard boulder creek outfitters runs a solid operation but I have no 1st hand experience to offer. Good luck this spring

No outfitter this year. I had a great experience for my first ever bear hunt. I've hunted the last 8 years down by bear lake for elk and deer but wanted to try something new and chase bears. I've only hunted one other unit abbr that was 76. I seen some bear sign but not a ton. I did like how it was more open for glassing. Unit 10 was like a jungle.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom