Spotting scope adapter-camera/gopro

BuckSWATer

Anyone have advise/recommendation on an adapter for my spotting scope that will accept both a camera & a GoPro?

I have a Zeiss Diascope 15-45x60 spotting scope. The camera I usually take is a simple Nikon Coolpix L series (just a clicker pocket camera). The GoPro is a new hero 3 - black.

My 16 year old son drew a pretty good rifle tag this year and I would like to capture as much of it as I can in pictures and video. We will be backpack hunting, so I would like to keep it as compact & lightweight as possible. If one adapter can't do both, I would go with the GoPro because I can always pull still shots from that.

Appreciate any experience/advise you may have - thanks!

Adversity does not build character, it reveals it - Audaces Fortuna Juvat

I don't know of any one adapter that will work for both a still camera and a GoPro but I'd recommend getting a Phone Skope adapter for the GoPro. The adapter will be ordered to fit your specific scope model.
Here is the link to their website: [https://www.phoneskope.com/store/electronic_brand_select]

Be advised that using a gopro for digiscoping will result in a fair amount of vignetting due to its wide angle lens, even with the narrow video mode.

For the still camera I would look at Tines Up's Point and Shoot Scope Cam adapter.

Both companies are very good to work with and will help you get set up.

For anybody looking, I went with phone skope for my go pro. Works as advertised. Called company to verify a few things. They were very friendly and easy to work with. I recommend them. Thx again for the tip bhh.

Adversity does not build character, it reveals it - Audaces Fortuna Juvat

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom