Spotting scope question

HUNT

I know there is an optics spot but more people look at this thread. I will be buying a spotting scope in the next few months. I live to far from the big sporting stores to go look at them and compare so I am asking for some info and help here. I will most likely be buying from the internet. I can only spend around $500.00 to $700.00. I have been looking at the Pentax PF-65 ED. Has any used one? Or what other ones should I look at? I will be using it for Muley Deer, Elk and hopefully Sheep hunting. Should one get the 60, 65, or 80? It will be used for backpak hunts so I would like to keep the size down. I currently have Pentax Binos, and Ziess rifle scopes and I like them both. I would buy used if anyone has a good quality one. Thank You all comments and info would be great. Dave

My opinion is that if you can't go swaro or leica, go with the pentax. I think that the 80 would be heavy for a backpack hunt. I have not used the 65.

I would go to the gear forum and do a search on spotting scopes-there's all kind of information in there. That's what I did and had enough for a few days of reading.

I own several scopes Swaro Nikon and Kowa both
regular and ED versions of both. Swaro is clearly
the best and Kowa and Nikon equal. My choice would
be Swaro 65 reg model for backpacking. I always
buy used on ebay. The swaro goes for about$1000
used. I would never buy new when I can save hundreds
used. I have bought about $25000 the last few years
with no problem what so ever.Roy in MontroseColo

FWIW, I would wait and spend a little more to get the Swarovski. I have owned several and it is by far the best one Ive purchased. If you really have to stay in that price range, I would consider the Nikon...................rf

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom