Spring Bear Success (pics)

LuckyShot

Here's some pics of a great hunt we had two weeks ago. Thought you bear hunters out there would appreciate them. Huge thanks to my good friend Trent for all of his help. After pounding it out for the past few years looking for a huge bear it all finally came together! It was a hunt for the books and definately one I will never forget!!!
4a04d6ce4634745e.jpg

4a04d71b47cbdd35.jpg

4a04d7a349ae076a.jpg

Nice bears, congratulations!! What did the black one end up weighing? How wide is that paw?

We measured the bears chest and his length from nose to tail to get an estimated weight. His girth measurement (chest at it's narrowest point underneath the arms) was 59" - 60" and his length measurement (nose to tail once we had caped him out) was 6'8". According to the charts we have always used which seem to be accurate, he was well over 600 lbs. Honestly I think that's pretty close to what he weighed. Just the hide and the head once we had caped him out weighed close to 130 lbs. The front pad was nearly 5" wide and the back pad was 9" long. He was a huge bodied bear. Suprisingly, the skull will most likely go 20"...not quite all time B&C at 21".

Spot and stalk rifle hunt. We glass all day from vantage points, looking at as much country as possible. Then when we find bears, it's all about trying to size them up and then going after them. Tons of hiking and hours of glassing.

Luckyshot,

A rifle? Are you sellin' out on us fellow di-hard archers?!? Ha ha just kiddin'! Seriously though, great job on that fatty. Even from a mile I bet he wasn't hard to question when sizing up. Thanks for the pic-gets me fired up for my hunt in a couple of weeks. I'd be tickled with one half that size, but if I could run into his brother that would be fine too. Thanks for all you contributions to this website-very inspiring!

Luckyshot looks like you hunt with good company! Steve is a good guy! Very impressive Bear! I bet it did not take long to decide he was big enough........

Robb

Wow, Nice bears. You guys got some real bruisers. I hope I find one that big. Headed to Canada this weekend. Hope I got a smile on my face like yours !

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom