Statewide archery as a 2nd choice

Bocephus

I put my wife in for a southern muzzleloader deer tag as her first choice with 0 bonus points. Knowing her chances were slim to draw, i put her in for a second choice staewide archery tag figuring she would draw for sure......well still no $35 hit on the cc. Just wondering if any of you are in the same boat and what the chances are of all the archery tags going to first choice applicants.....if this is true not being able to draw an archery tag in your home state leads me to believe its time to find a new home state....thanks fellars and good huntin to all who have drawn!!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-18-10 AT 02:48PM (MST)[p]I think alot of guys switched to Archery this year because of the short rifle hunt! Just My opinion!

+1 elk_horn.

I went dedicated this year but I'm thinking about relocating too.... Is it bad if hunting is in the top 2 reasons for moving?

NO GUTS, NO STORY!!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Last year, the tags didn't last long, and I really figured that the archery tags would sell out through the draw.

Bocephus im in the exact same boat as you are. It would be the first time that i would not be able to chase deer if i cant pull a tag, what a shame. I do contribute it to the shortened rifle hunts as well and the popularity of archery hunting now days. Oh well just keeps getting worse it seems like, thought I would never see the day.

The division has 1500 archery tags for youth when they open it up to over the counter, as for everyone else...better luck next year.

Dillon

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom