Stealthy methods when hunting with out boots

huntfish714

I've hunted for quite a long time and I always here guys talking about how they took off there boots and snuck into nearly stabbing range of there large trophy. I've never tried taking my boots off before and this year I'm trying new easy off zipper boots. I've tried the fleece things that you but on over your boots but those seem to make them noisier but dragging dead debri with you. I also only wear wool socks, 24/7 my whole life (other than in the shower) and as any warm weather archery hunter knows you feet get really smelly come mid day. I would like to here some of your tips and tricks to kill the smell of your feet (something stronger than scent away) and how to achieve extreme close range combat without having dead debri cling to your socks. The downer side of this which will make it a little more challenging is that I have no more money to spend on supplies and I am leaving for my 10 day hunt on Friday. Thanks for any input and Good luck!!!!!!!!! God Bless!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay down wind. If they can smell your feet, odds are they are going to peg you anyway. Some swear by an odorless (if there really is such a thing) spray on antiperspirant. I guess it is supposed to shut the pores down so your feet don't sweat so much. The down side is they will be a bit hotter.

huntfish what I've always done is I pack 2 extra pairs of thick wool socks with me. when I get about 150 or as close as I dare I take my boots off and put on both extra pairs I brought. you really need to keep the wind in your face no matter what you do. but then even if debris sticks to your socks it won't crunch. I hunt west az desert and cactus sucks! but well worth the rewards!

I tell you what. I found the quitest way I have ever found to stalk this year. Two pair of wool socks and lose your pants and go in your UA Camo Heat bottoms. Yes you look a little funny. But I will be stalking deer like that from now on. Try it you might like it!

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

thank you guys!!! I will give it a try and hopefully I'll have a nice toad to sow you when I return on labor day.

Thanx and good luck and God Bless!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom