Stolen rifles

Wes

Very Active Member
Hey guys
This custom 7 mm mag rifle was stolen from my truck along with a Remington 700 BDL in 7 mm mag around October 12 out in Grantsville. The custom rifle has a Borden Timberline action and a Zeiss 4.5-14 scope. Barrel has LongRiflesInc etched on it. 700 BDL has a black synthetic stock and a Redfield 3X9 scope, serial number ending in 1054. If you see one of these rifles floatin around out there there's a reward for info leading to their return.
Thanks
Wes

Princess.jpg

Tough break Wes. I hope you luck out and you are able to get them back.

I remember when I was 17, a couple friends and I were out in the West Desert somewhere. We were out huntin rabbits. When we came back to my truck after hiking a couple miles around in the sage brush, there was a note on my windshield. It simply read, "please remember to lock your doors" - DWR. I checked, and sure enough my truck doors were unlocked. I had my Remington 7mm in the gun rack and had somebody that was not a DWR Officer come by, it might have been gone (albeit with a lock on the trigger). I learned my lesson.

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

LAST EDITED ON Oct-30-15 AT 09:56AM (MST)[p]Guys. i feel like a freaking idiot. My rifles are never out of the locked gun room unless we are shooting, hunting, or cleaning. On the 12th of October my wife and I went out for a day of shooting. I've been busy and haven't had the time to clean the rifles. So yesterday I went to get them from the gun room and clean them in preperation for my elk hunt next week. I open the gun room and no rifles. I looked in the reloading room, no rifles. i looked in my truck thinking I forgot to bring them in, no rifles. I tore the house apart, NO FREAKIN RIFLES. I call my wife and asked her if she had moved em. Nope. Well the only thing I can think of was I spaced out and didn't bring them in from shooting and someone stole them from my truck. I called and made a police report. I've been awake all night feeling like i was going to vomit, thinking how I could be so stupid as to leave my rifles in the truck. I kept walking backwards trying to figure out what happened. This morning I remembered I had realoaded a batch of bullets. The only way I could have done that was to have my rifle in the house so I could measure the chamber. I told my wife someone must have come in the house and took them. I went downstairs and was checking windows. In our storage room where everyting has accumulated as we finish our basement I couldn't reach the windows because of items stacked in front of them. As i was staring at the windows I see a little tip of brown sticking up. I had to move a few things and there were my rifles. After unloading the truck from shooting I laid the rifles on the floor in my theater room before putting them away. Well I got busy shampooing the carpet and set them just inside the storage room and forgot them. My wife went down to get her suitcase to go on vacation and moved them out of the way back behind other stuff. I was already to cancel my hunt and turn my tag back in. DAMN it's hell getting old and senile !

It does suck to start forgetting things. You would be better off losing those rifles than your mind ;-)

I know that feeling well! I "lost" my cell phone three times while on my recent two month trip to Wyoming. The first time I found it in the back of the truck under a bunch of other stuff. I can't even remember where I found it the second time, LOL! The third time it was missing for two days and I finally went back over every place it may have been and I finally drove up the mountain 9 miles from our camp and there it was laying in the grass where we had parked the trucks the last time we had hunted that spot! From then on I tied a yellow cord to it and hung it around the rear view mirror in my truck and it never left there the rest of the trip!

You can add your story to my thread if you want? Lmao!!! A happy and funny ending wes!

lmmfao.....I'm not alone........

Call and unreport them....before you get busted for having stolen rifles in your possession...lol

(((As a Joke!)))

Have the Police Come & Arrest your Wife for moving them!:D

That'll Teach Her!:D

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

Wow! That's a happy ending to a day of angst.

"You can fly a helicopter to the top of Everest and say you've been there. The problem with that is you were an a$$hole when you started and you're still an a$$hole when you get back.
Its the climb that makes you a different person". - Yvon Chouinard

Might be better to "forget to unreport them." (honest mistake). The least the government knows about your guns the better, IMO.

Eel

Guns are like parachutes. If you need one and don't have one you probably will never need one again.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom