Story of the Warden

NickW

I will be 42 years this August, that the Warden and I came together. It was the day I was sentenced to life, without parole.

You see, it started about 1965, when I snuck into the State Theater, thru the side door. One of the trustees had left the door ajar, so I could slide in during the part of the "hot dogs jumping into the inviting buns", as they danced on the big screen, during intermission.

The stalk was gruesome! Sticky floor, with popcorn bumps! Juju Bees scattered about! Stale smell of Coke, mixed with Good and Plenty! The thick scent of stale butter and the containers! Row and row of containers! All smelling of stale popcorn! Buttered popcorn, heavily salted.

I had been a free man for some months before I first spied the Warden! My plan was to stay a free man! Nature decided otherwise.(..and sheep had nothing to do with it!)...(that ewe always was a liar)!

I was on one of my usual adventures! Maneuvering thru the isles of the State Theater! No ink stamp on the hand, nor torn ticket stub in my possession! On hands and knees, stalking something of which I did not know! Yet something called! Continue...follow me...keep going...I kept thinking...What's that FUNKY SMELL?? I was eight rows of crawling thru the floor of the State Theater, on a Sunday evening, after a double matinee of James Bond. DAMN! I STINK! ...and the farther I go, the more I stick to the floor! THAT'S IT!..maybe I should become one with the floor! ( I may be exaggerating a little, but this is really the way it happened!)

OK! To make a long story somewhat shorter...I eventually bumped into a set of legs that would make a frog jump with envy.

The Warden failed to find the humor in my adventures at the State Theater! I was put into lock down, but eventually escaped. A freeman once again! It lasted for about 6 months before the hounds tracked me down!
Caught! Tried ! Convicted! LIFE!
LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE!

As hunting season approaches, I see myself back in the State Theater. Crawling! Smelling! Feeling! Almost puking!!!!

Will the WARDEN grant me parole this year? I only wanna go huntin! Again! Like every year! I' promise I'll be home tomorrow! Day after, at the most!

TIME WILL TELL...................

August 24....42 years and counting!!!

:)

wtf are you drinking????...or smoking???

JB
497fc2397b939f19.jpg

Nick.....My utmost respect and congrats to you and the Warden.

I have been married for most of that same time frame....but I have had to "transfer" 4 Wardens.

I was never very good at avoiding the "greener grass" concept. To those of you who could stick it out, my hat is off.

We wardens only grant parole to model prisoners. Or those who bribe us well. After 42 years I hope you've learned the art of properly "bribing" the warden. ;-)

Hope it sounds like he's screwed. Now me on the other hand it looking pretty good.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

She is a pretty special warden!
She killed the first buck she ever shot at and a cow elk with a 30-30 Winchester carbine. I won't even get into her fishing prowess!
She even turned into my best friend!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom