Strawberry Aspen trees???

shotgun1

I had some work to do in Was Angeles so I towed by boat down for a day at Strawberry. I couldn't help but notice the huge amount of sickly looking Aspen stands. Some looked completely dead, others had green wilted, dried leaves and looked sick and some looked perfectly healthy and green with a hint of fall color. As I write this from Island Park the Aspens here look green and nothing like what I saw at Strawberry. Anyone else notice this and know what's going on?

BTW, for those who fly fish, the hopper fishing at Strawberry is off the hook right now.

I hear it's a combination wet spring and a radical temp swing last november. Colors won't be as brilliant this year but will bounce back next. Got the same thing here in co.

It's a combination of two fungus that are causing the problems with aspen in western Colorado. The good news is that unless we have another long wet spring it should have no affect on next year's aspen.

We have the same thing going on were we hunt in south central Utah, looks pretty sad :( Good to hear it's not permanent!

2a0fcsk.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom