Strawberry Ridge CWMU Moose

I know a MM member killed a good bull off there last yr. Maybe he will see this and chime in...if not i will let him know it is here

Hi JumpinJ. Pretty Sure Treedagain is referring to me. I was lucky enough to draw that tag in 2015. I had a good experience with my hunt and the outfitter. I was given 5 days to hunt. I only hunted a day and a half and saw about a dozen bulls. The bulls we saw were pretty much what the outfitter said we would see. "About 8 points per side and mid 30's on width." Besides my bull, I saw 3 others that would be "shooters". My bull was slightly better with 11 points per side and 38 inches wide. I could have punched my tag in the first hour of the hunt on a bull that ended up being taken by another hunter the following week but I didn't want to end it the first day. I'm glad I waited although in hindsight I'm sure I would have been happy with that bull also. I put in for this unit because I knew some of the property in the unit. I had hunted a lot of that property before CWMUs ever existed. Anyway, hope this helps a little.

2020img0856.jpg

Thanks for the replay. Nice Bull and I would be happy to hang a tag on a bull like that. I have talked with the outfitter and he gave me some good information on this unit. Did you use a guide or go solo?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom