Strip hunt

Fungus

Strip hunt

Down to the last few weeks before I leave for my hunt, 13B. Getting excited to say the least. Just looking for any last minute advice or even just some pics of big muleys. Of course I will reciprocate with pics if I find success.

RE: Strip hunt

Next week we are in for some cooler weather and for as cool as it is suppose to be here in ST George , I can only imagine how cold it will be on the AZ Strip w/ the chance of snow . I will be out there next Friday for 4 days again . This has been a great year !! There was some good success during the archery , but due to a lot of precipitation during the monsoon season , the archery hunters had it rougher . We will be seeing some awesome bucks getting knocked down during rifle hunt !!!!

Heading there myself with my buddy who has the tag. I can't wait to see how the hunt unfolds. We did some scouting but I think when you are doing it DIY it is going to be an adventure! Maybe we will see you there to trade lies!

Don't know anything about the area except you have one of the hardest tags to draw in the state. Good luck!

>Down to the last few weeks
>before I leave for my
>hunt, 13B. Getting excited
>to say the least.
>Just looking for any last
>minute advice or even just
>some pics of big muleys.
> Of course I will
>reciprocate with pics if I
>find success.

Fungus,

My buddy and I hunted 13A archery this year. We were non residents using max points. We both shot great bucks! I included the link to the thread from my hunt! Have a great hunt! On trail Camera pictures we saw bucks larger than the one I shot!

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID33/1620.html

Good luck and shoot straight!

Mark

>Bruin, How did you guys do
>scouting? I will also be
>up there Good Luck everyone.
>

We were just trying to learn our way around the unit on the scout trip. It is a HUGE unit as you know but you don't realize how huge it is till you are there. We found a couple of places to focus on but I think the first few days we will be scouting for areas holding animals. We never saw any deer on the scout but we didn't really expect to, being it was hot and we mostly drove around.

Just got back from my hunt. I wanted to thank everybody who gave me some direction or encouragement.

We all here about the great bucks that come out of the strip but rarely do we here about how difficult that area really is. I knew the deer density was low and the country was vast, but I am guilty of thinking that every buck was going to be huge and also that I was going to see big bucks every day. Reality set in quickly for me. It wasn't until the fourth day that I actually glassed up a deer, a doe. My crew spent about 250 hours collectively behind glass before we spotted this buck and he was the first buck that was truly a shooter.

My appreciation of the deer that live there, the people that search them out all year long, and especially those that go at this hunt as DIY hunters is incredibly high. I went guided and can tell you that I would not have found a deer like this without the help. My hat goes off to every hunter that takes on this area unguided.

When I left I was exhausted from so many hours of glassing and the mental toll that the strip takes. By the time I got home from the 17 hour drive I was trying to figure out how to get back to be a spotter for some other lucky hunter. The strip has a way of getting into your blood. All in all this will go down as one of my favorite hunts, and I feel incredibly lucky to put my hands on a 200+ inch buck.

Fungus

1467img_0098.jpg

>Should be hear not here.
>
>Sorry

We'll let it slide this time, but only because you shot a 200" buck.

Just kiddin bud! Congrats on a great buck. Its awesome country up there,isnt it?

Great buck! I will +1 on your comments about the hunt. I was there helping a friend on a DIY hunt and it was tough. We got a nice buck but not 200". It is hard to comprehend that much beautiful country devoid of deer, but it is.

Great looking Buck, The mental game is a tough one to get ready for.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Fungus Congratulations on a great buck. You are so right about this hunt. Thanks for posting the pic and letting us know about your hunt.

Congrats again on a great buck fungus!!! Sure was a pleasure meeting you guys up there! Hopefully get to hunt with you guys again in the future!

Msolocam
-tall bob

Fungus,

It was good meeting you and you couldnt be more right about this hunt. Congrats on a great buck!

Michael

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom