stupid financing

justr_86

Long Time Member
What are some of the dumbest things salesman have tried to get you to finance? What are some dumb things you have financed?
I've had vacuums, home gym equipment, space heaters, lawnmowers, wheels and tires. And lots of other stuff totaling around $500 give or take. Never did any of it though.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

>I thought I was going to
>need financing when I took
>my family to lunch at
>Disneyland.

+10,000,000

Lmao!

I guess the dumbest thing I ever financed was a tool box and tools from snap on. The dealer took another loan out for 2500 about 2 years later then anoth 1500 about 2 months after that. Forged my signature and all! Found it when we were trying to buy my house and it came up on my credit report. Long story short my account was paid in full, and I don't know if he is selling tools anymore or not....

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Just recently my sister was selling a set of kitchen chairs for $300. A gal came and looked at them and wanted them really bad. She told my sister she would be back to get them. She later called my sister back and told her she wouldn't be back because her bank wouldn't give her the loan. WTF?

I once worked construction with a guy who was making decent money and we'd get paid every Friday afternoon. By Sunday night he was financing drinks.

mod2.jpg

Years ago i got into the habit of buying subscriptions to those hunting type magazines. You know, the ones that have pictures of dead deer and stuff on the covers. Anyway, you could pay for a years worth or two years worth or even three years worth at a time. It wasn't too bad until at least a dozen different magazines had me on the hook with what seemed like never ending offers to refinance what i had already paid for or what i was soon to run out of. It just got to all be too much really but then i found MonsterMuleys online, canceled all the hunting rags, and am pleased to be on the way to living a debt free life.

:) :)

Joey

I'm with NVB on this one!
I've worked with many JOKERS that just couldn't stand all the fun Nevada had to offer!
They'd blow their checks in one night & then they'd be 'financing'(borrowing) so they could eat for another week & do the same stupid sshit again & again!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

>I could give a small list
>of guys who have financed
>boob jobs for their wives.
>

From what I've seen of women with new boobs, financing them would be like financing a truck for a bunch of other guys to drive.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

>I could give a small list
>of guys who have financed
>boob jobs for their wives.
>

Not too bad of an idea really - at least you could say "three more payments and those things are MINE!!"

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

>The most questionable thing I ever
>financed was a wedding ring.
>:)
>

Me too! Used what was left of my paycheck, all of my checking overdraft protection and a line of credit, then only had $7 cash left over until the next pay period. We had it paid off though soon after we were married.

My dad and I used to sell these high priced heat detectors and smoke detectors that looked like big gold land mines on your ceiling. They were like $350 each with a minimum of 3 (less than that really didn't protect your home and could make the company liable). People would finance them all the time and then we would be back two months later to reposess them. Yeah - awkward.

UTROY

I worked long and hard to pay my house off. It's mine now (as long as I keep paying the property taxes:()

I keep getting offers to get a home equity loan. I can use the money to fix the place up, go on vacation, pay off other bills, etc.

Ain't happening! It's kinda cool knowing I at least have a place to get out of the rain no matter what else happens.

The ONLY time I will ever borrow against my house is if my wife needs medical care.

To other people it may not be stupid, but to me it is.

Eel

Well Eel - now with Obamacare you will never have to worry about that! Of course, when your property tax increases by 75% to pay for it then you may just have to take out a "home equity loan" to pay your taxes, but hey - we will have health care! LONG LIVE KING BARRY!

UTROY

How about the big line/wait at the convenience store while a bunch of them are financing their morning Mt Dews?

GEEZUS!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!

My brother in law gets a phone call! He is told he won a sail boat. All he has to do is pay for shipping from CA. $495 Kewl he puts it on his visa. 6 weeks go by and a UPS guy knocks on his door with a box under his arm. Brother in Law says I didn't order anything. UPS guy says don't know it has your name and address on it. He opens it up and has a little plastic 8' floatable boat with a plastic sail and 2 snap together oars.

Rutnbuck

Lol Rut!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!

Pots and pans and knives. It was all some big package and we had to go to a sales meeting for them and everything. The knives may have been free too. Can't remember. They would give us a free night's stay at some resort if we went for it, but I didn't think I needed to finance cookware at that point in time. LOL

Had a furniture salesman try to send me to the local quick loan place the other day. "We always say yes! Loans up to $1500!!". Doesn't he know those are HORRIBLE? Interest rates are ridiculous at those places. You borrow $500 and pay back $700 or something like that. I was a bit put off by that.

Some of those quick loan places charge upwards of 300%!! Utah has alot of them and people get in some real trouble in a hurry there.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-10 AT 07:54PM (MST)[p]Financed Saladmaster cookware when we were first married, thought that would be the dumbest thing ever, then we had a daughter and absolutely had to have the animated B of M scripture classics so she could look up to real heroes, so we financed those too! Funny thing is they were the biggest hardnoses in the world when we would be late with a payment they would report us immediately, so much for a little good will and charity.
I am a little smarter now, dont owe anything but a mortgage, and hopefully be done with that in 7 years.

If you carry a balance on a credit card, you may be financing a tank of gas.

Never carried a balance on a credit card, hopefully never will.

Financed a divorce for a few years once...won't do that agian!!

I just barely financed a supercab F-150...payin that sum beach off asap!!

~Z~

Yep. Financed some boobs, some thigh removal, then another set of boobs. I'm thinkin I'm gonna finance a butt next! But justr is right. chances are you may be pimpin that ride for someone else to borrow on the weekends lol.

Hey, its easier than keeping your ol lady on track at the gym right? rofl

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom