suggestion for new topic

alwayzbhuntin

I have been seeing a lot of old time black and white photo's lately, and I just can not get enough of them. Well, just b&w photo's in general. I think those that have some of those " good ol' days " photo's should put them up please. I do not have any to share, however I would be grateful to those who do!!

Heres one I took in 2000 in the deloras area
447dad1a54865162.jpg

LAST EDITED ON May-31-06 AT 01:02PM (MST)[p]I'm trying to track down my granpas stash of photos from when he would take my dad and uncles hunting . . . My grandpa is dead now, has been for a number of years, but I think there still are photos around someplace. Your post gives me the insentive to go dig them up, scan them in and maybe even do some retouching.

I think they would make great birthday gifts too. Imagine taking an old photo, one of your dad with his first buck, and working it over in photoshop, enlarge it to fit a nice frame with a clean single matt, and wraping that babie up for his father's day present, he'd think you were the best son ever!

I'm going to do it. . .

Hopefully i can get some of the old photos this summer and by september I'll have his birthday present!

"Roadless areas, in general, represent some of the best fish and wildlife habitat on public lands. The bad news is that there is nothing positive about a road where fish and wildlife habitat are concerned -- absolutely nothing." (B&C Professor, Jack Ward Thomas, Fair Chase, Fall 2005, p.10).

I posted these over in the deer forum. I found them in the forest service photo archives for region 3. Hope you enjoy

All photos USDS Forest Service

Gila Mnts., NM 1927
447e05ac1f3e9e7c.jpg

Kaibab, AZ
447e06141fc5a527.jpg

Lincoln National Forest, NM 1943
447e0651220add5e.jpg

Lincoln National Forest, NM 1939
447e068c2245329e.jpg

Pecos Wilderness, NM 1946
447e06cd22a51322.jpg

Here is a photo from 1961-or-62. The photo is of 15 people from the Two Rock/Roblar area, along with 4 bucks shot that day. I've been able to Identify all but two people in the photo. The two young men second and third from the left in the back row are my father and uncle.

Here's the story...
After hunting all day the guys had one buck. As they were headed down the hill the young man in the middle's fox terrier jumped out of the truck and jumped three more bucks out of a patch of brush no bigger than a small car. They got all three bucks. When they arrived at the ranch, the youngest kid in the picture said "I'd 'a let that one grow a bit...." While the picture may not be a bunch of trophy bucks, it brings back memories of neighbors and the old fashioned neighborly ways..

235814.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom