Super Bowl Snacks

JACO

LAST EDITED ON Feb-04-10 AT 09:33AM (MST)[p]What are some of the things you guys like to snack on during the big game? My wife is determined to try some new recipes and make some junk food. Hopefully you all can give me some good ideas. We'll have the usual chips, nachos, etc., but I'm looking for some less obvious things to try.

Nocked N Loaded

We always have Jumbo Shrimp... I look forward to it every year.

CSO

It's all about the good times...

Some kind of hot wing is always on our Super Bowl menu.

We also like little smokies and corn chips with nacho cheese.

We do an all weekend thing and usually have the regular chips, dips, salsa and veggies along with pulled pork, beans, chili, hot dogs, meatballs, and a ton of sweets. It is two full days of food, poker, games, fishing and general debauchery.
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Polarbear can I come to your party?

I usually slice up some elk & venison summer sausage. Slice up all kinds of cheese and serve it all up with crackers. I'll thaw out a batch of elk chili as well. Yummy!

"Vegetarians are cool. All I eat are vegetarians - except for the occasional mountain lion steak."
-Ted Nugent-

No superbowl party is complete without deviled eggs. Try putting a small ammount of pickle relish in them.

Rub some dirt on it, ya sissy!

A five gallon bucket of fresh cooked Dungeness crabs along with a loaf of San Francisco Sourdough french bread, a case of Bud, and two rolls of paper towels.

Eel

Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.

I start with 1 pit roasted pig, 10 pounds of chicken wings with cajun spice and sauce, a couple of watermelons, bags of assorted chips and salsa, 3 large pepperoni pizzas, potato salad amd pecan pie. Double this amount if you have a friend over to watch the game.

Ransom, LMAO! You're sooooo California!

Eel

Bates7, sure there's always room for another!
Eel, up until our state closed out dungie season just after the first of the year we would spend the Saturday before the game crabbing and fishing. Stoopid bowl day was a seafood fest with us gorging on fresh crab, bottom fish, salmon, shrimp, clams and oysters. Man I miss those days!
Eric
famousfigures_abevigoda.gif

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Ranson, I sure hope you paid for those watermelons. You know what us good ole MM boys will do to you if you didn't.

My sister will wrap bacon around Asparagus. Wrap One slice of bacon around each Aspargus. Put on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven until bacon is cooked.

We cut boneless/skinless chicken up in chunks and throw a slice of jalepeno pepper on top of it. Then take those two and wrap a slice of bacon around it. Secure that with a toothpick so it doesnt unwrap while BBQ'ing it. You can either eat it like that or dip it in ranch or BBQ sauce. You may need to borrow a roll of toilet paper from Eel.

Steve

That's paper towels Wiz.....paper towels.:)

Eel

Moinks and Atomic Buffalo Turds are some good finger foods...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

>A five gallon bucket of fresh
>cooked Dungeness crabs along with
>a loaf of San Francisco
>Sourdough french bread, a case
>of Bud, and two rolls
>of paper towels.
>
>Eel

Hey Eel... I would be more than happy to help you with that bucket of Dungeness crabs. I hate the thought of you having to tackle all that crab by yourself. That's what friends do right?

Pickled Shrimp

3 pounds of cooked, deveined med. shrimp
1 large, thinly sliced onion
1 1/4 cups salad oil
3/4 cup white vinegar
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp celery seeds
3 Tbsp capers & juice
2 dashes tabasco
1 crushed clove garlic

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Allow to marinate several hours, preferrably overnight. Remove garlic before serving. Serves 12-16.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

I caught this guy leaving Ransoms house after the game last year......

475b433d76570599.jpg

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom