Superfeet insoles?

CABugle

Has anyone used these? I am looking for any positive or negative comments, also the other one I was looking at is the Sole Custom Footbeds? Thanks

CABugle

I tried some and had to send them back. I went through the normal break-in process and they still made the arches of my feet sore after a short hike of 2-3 miles.

I have one in every boot my foot goes in.

Best arch support I have found are those plastic ones from the old Danner boots.

I bought a pair for a pair of Lowa GTX on my sheep hunt last year. They work great, and are worth every penny.

It kinda sucks to pay good money for boots, and have to rip out the factory insoles to get a decent fit.

I have run the Green SuperFeet for years. My Meindle Canada boots finally got retired and I bought the Meindle Alaskan Hunter. I was going to put SuperFeet in them but looked at the Cabelas Perfekt foot beds. I have had them in the Alaskan Hunters for 2 months and just LOVE them. They are Cork so will form to the shape of your foot. The Arch support is outstanding and the shock absorption is unreal. Most comfortable setup I have had yet.

I've been using the green beds for a while now and they are great. They are a very firm insole, you won't find that cushy feel of a gel insole but after a hard day in the mountains your feet will feel great. I highly recommend them.

I too agree that it is crazy that you pay top dollar for a great boot only to add another $35.00 for an insole that is worth a darn. I've got mine in a pair of Kenetrek Mountain Extreme's.

Coon

I have tested most of the after market footbeds and my favorite at this point is, still, the Superfeet. The problem with the Green or Orange ones is that suck up a lot of the volume of the boot so if you have a high volume foot, you will have to either get a boot that accomidates them, switch socks or something. It is a good idea to buy the boots/footbeds/socks at the same time.

Orange is the same as the Green but with more fore foot cushion.

If you still want/need a footbed but can't afford the loss of volume try the Blue or Black superfeet which have less arch support and thickness.

Stock footbeds cost about .35 cents. Good stock footbeds cost about .90 cents. I don't know why they don't put good ones in from the start.

You mentioned custom Sole. Do you mean the heat moldable footbeds from Sole or the custom jobs from eSole?

Also, Superfeet has a custom and cork footbed line. Lathrop & Sons also make the High Country Footbeds which are also custom. Lathrop is the Hanwag boot distributor here in the US and they are Docs and Pedorthists.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

Hardcore

Which color of the superfeet is closest to the same volumne as the average stock footbed? Say for Danner?

I have to try something, but I have strange feet, 12 1/2 and approx. 13 1/2 with one side probably needing a EE, the other is appox. a D width.

So, I am thinking of using 13 EE from now on, and using the superfeet.

Without, I can use 13 D's or 12 1/2 EE, but I am trying to get the best combination.

Thanks,
Logan

PS What is best online source for superfeet?

Logan

Black Superfeet is probably the closest to a stock Danner footbed but I would try to get away with a Blue (sky blue). It has a little more thickness and padding. REI is probably the best online source and price.

With your foot sizing issues, what boot are you going with?

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

That is really a darn good question.

I can get buy for a season or two with just the Danner pronghorn and have a pair of danner umpqua ( i believe)if there is some snow. These work for hunting from the vehicle. I also have some pac boots for deep snow.

I am transitioning to being able to hunt with my camp on my back and need a boot that has more support and is designed better for that purpose.

That is the question for me also.

Well, since you are already using Danners why not stay with them. We know that the sizing works for you. Take a look at the Santiam, Quarry, Trophy, Canadian, Rain Forest, and Supper Rain Forest. They are all heavier duty boots than the Pronghorn and will offer more support and protection. They are all American made and among the best boots Danner makes/sells.

If you want to go with a light mountaineering style boot for even more support and rigidity take a look at the Lowa Hunter or Tibet in the wide or extended size versions or the Scarpa Escape, Manta or Liskamm which are built on the DL last for high volume feet.

It is all about how much you want to spend brother.

Hope that helps.

Stay in touch.

Wade
www.HardcoreOutdoor.com

I wear the green Superfeet insoles in every shoe/boot I own, including my running shoes. I started having sore knees and hips a few years ago while training for half marathons and the owner of Runner's Corner suggested the green Superfeet insoles after evaluating my gait. I've never looked back and no more joint problems. Also started taking Knox Gelatin suplpements which I think also helped, but that's another subject.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom