SW Blue Mountain spring bear

H

huntindude

I have enough points I'm about a sure thing to draw the SW Blues tag this spring. I've never hunted spring bear before and I'm not sure where look, when to look or where to go. if anyone has any knowlege about this hunt I'd be thankful, I'd like like to whack one of the calf eaters.

I hunt the west Blues if I get the tag. Look for open South facing ridges and rocky areas. The snow this year is going to be a problem. Bears will be after any green forb (wild onion ect...) right at the receding snow line. I wouldn't waste any time with areas that are still covered with snow.

What is max for points on those tags. I was going to put in for one also and was curious what the odds are like and how long the points have been going for spring bear. I found the game biologists in that area very helpful on my elk hunt and am sure it would be the same for a bear hunt. THanks. nwhunter

The point system has been in place for years, but the hardest tag to draw I think is the West Blues and 3 points will get it.

Hey H-dude -

send me a pm if your interested in the area we hunt about every other year and have had great success. Not the same unit, but close...and full of bear if you get to the SPOT before others...

muleyman

don't be so sure that you'll get drawn, I put in every year and haven't drawn yet. Bears are pretty easy to find if you do but like said earlier, the snow could be a problem this year, especially with the wenaha tags. Send me a pm if you get drawn and maybe I can help you out, cause i know I won't be drawn. you too northwesthunter.

oops, I thought I was in the Washington forum, sorry, but northwesthunter, you still oughta send me a pm

Yes, 749A. I don't have a plan so if anyone knows the area I'd appreciate any advice.

Dean,

Does that include the Walla Wall unit? hunted there several years ago and saw quite a few bears during the fall

Rich

Yes that is part of the area, I've been told it's the best place to go but on the map it looks like it's mostly private ground?

Back
Top Bottom