SW Desert Elk?

LAST EDITED ON Oct-20-15 AT 01:00PM (MST)[p]There were some nice bulls killed this year but my opinion is that this unit has gone down big-time compared to what it was 10-15 years ago. I saw two different herd bulls that were only 5x5's during the muzzy deer hunt. Each had at least 20 cows.

I was out there last weekend and will be going out again tomorrow. My daughter has a deer tag there.

Agreed, nothing wrong with a 5x5. They weren't 350 bulls though. The biggest problem I have with the muzzleloader deer hunt out there during peak rut is I forget all about deer-hunting and start playing with the elk.

Saw a giant buck in our headlights at 2 am in the morning on our way up to camp off of Hamlin Valley Rd the night before spike elk hunt. We thought it was an elk at first. Aside from that saw couple 2 points and a 3. Good luck on the deer hunt. Tough unit, but they're there.

My 13 year old son a I will be out scouting around Indian Peak for his upcoming Cow Elk hunt next month. Hoping to put him on his first Elk. Good to hear there's been some activity out there.

Bob

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom