Swarovski 80mm or 65mm spotting scope

cabinfever

Very Active Member
I currently own the 80mm swarovski spotter and I'm looking at shaving some ounces from the pack.....almost 8 ounces. Am I giving up to much going to a 65mm.Obviously the 80mm allows more light trasmission especially in low light. I really haven't had the chance to compare them side by side. Any thoughts!

I've used both the 65 and the 80 side by side. there is not as much light difference as you would think. also if you zoom at all you lose all of the advantage the 80 has as far as light goes. You could also go with the new magnesium models (ATM, STM) and save a lot of weight as well. after using them side by side on several scouting trips i sold the 80 and now use the 65 exclusively. I do however pack in a lot and hike a great deal so the weight was a big part of the decision.

I used both on my sheep tag last fall. I dont see myself using the 80 a whole lot in the future unless it's out of the truck etc. I'm sold on the 65 and it weighs just a few more oz's than my Leupold gold ring. Russ

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom