swarovski spotters

vaquero

I know the subject has been beat to death on this site and i have read most of the posts, but i still cant decide between 65mm vs 80mm STS non-HD. The scope will be used while back packing almost exclusively but i am willing to pack the extra 1.29" and 7.13oz if it is worth it. In low light at dawn or dusk, at long range, 3/4 - 2 miles, and at 50-60 power, will the 80mm let you see buck horns any better? thanks for the input.

I have used both extensively. I sold my 80mm and now only use a 65mm. My reasons for going with the 65mm are that I exclusively back pack, the weight and diameter are better for packing. But more than that, the 80 is better in low light, but only at 20 power. If you turn it up to 30 power or greater you do not gain any light advantage as the higher the power, you use less area of the exit lens on the scope. This is just my opinion but I think anyone who has used the scopes extensively would tell you the same thing.

I prefer the 80mm. Not a big issue for me when packing but I do not pack in typically. I would, however, strongly suggest you consider the ATS over the STS. JMO

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom