Tacoma question.

justr_86

Long Time Member
So my wife had a 09 Malibu with the 3.6 in it. Fast car and fun to drive but helpless in the snow. As her work/ run around car it wasn't working and we came across a 13 tacoma with 60k on it for a really good deal so we bought it. I've always heard really good things about them but I'm not very impressed with the truck. Fuel mileage seems to be about 16, I get that out of my 420 horse 350 in my 87 chev if I mind my manners... it seems to barely have enough power to get out of its own way... the heater sucks bad, Luke warm at best. It's always on hi and won't really ever bring the chill off or defrost the windows. My duramax warms up faster. Blows hard so I know the cabin filter is fine, coolant is full so it is good there. Anyone else have this issue? She likes the truck except the heater part. So I guess it will stay around. She also has a 18 4 runner and it has more power and the heater works way better and better fuel economy. So what is wrong with this truck?

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

The Tacoma is the badlands pack of the truck world.

You?ve just described every Tacoma I've ever drove or been in.

My first new vehicle was a 79 4x4 Toyota truck. Small 4 banger, 4 speed with a radio and heater. It never got better than 15, 16 mpg.

It ran good until I sold it. I then got an 86 4x4 with a slightly bigger 4 banger. It got 24, 25 mpg.

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

Put a piece of cardboard over half to 3/4 of the radiator (winter only) that should speed up the heat.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-19 AT 10:03AM (MST)[p]It has the v6, sr5 package 4x4.

I guess I expected more with them almost having a cult like following...

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

You might try replacing the thermostat, you can get them that start to open at slightly different temperatures. It would be a cheap way to attempt to help it. Hasbean

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-19 AT 12:11PM (MST)[p]Engine temp stays about halfway on the gauge, no numbers though to actual engine temp.

I was just wondering if there was a trick or part you could bypass or remove to make it work better. Like the check valve at the back of the intake on the 88-95 chevys to make the system work better as a whole and the heater heat better.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Really surprised to hear that about the heater. My Tacoma heats up so quick I have to roll down the windows to cool off.

Lol I've never been shy about that... I guess when I need a truck I'll drive my duramax or my 87. This thing feels like I'm driving a 4 seater side by side... just not as much fun.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

>Lol I've never been shy about
>that... I guess when I
>need a truck I'll drive
>my duramax or my 87.
>This thing feels like I'm
>driving a 4 seater side
>by side... just not as
>much fun.
>
>
>
4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Wait till both them F'N DURAMAX Thermostats go out!

Coldest Whore on Earth!

Then wait till you see what's involved just to Change them F'N Thermostats!

Mines Waiting till at Least Mid/Late March before I Screw with them when the weather warms up & I don't need them as much!:D

GM ought to have their F'N Asses Kicked for building sshhiiitt like that!

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

If it's that JAP Built Servo Motor it's Nothing 1300.00 Won't Fix!

Just talked to a Friend that had the same Problem!

Said He woulda Sold it if He had only Known!

Ya,PAWN it off on somebody-else!:D

>The easiest fix would be to
>move to Arizona.

It's Not Quite that Warm Eel where justr is!:D

>Sounds like a very common yet
>fixable problem.
>
>Google "2013 Toyota Tacoma heater problems"
>

I guess I'll tear the dash apart and see what I find.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Behind the glove box there is a cabin air filter you can change. Parts store should have it for 10 bucks. My tacoma did the exact same thing but after i replaced that it blows hot and hard.

We'll see how good my surgery goes Tuesday maybe I'll tear into it while on leave since they won't let me work...

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom