tag increase?

adamwipp07

Does anyone know if cdow is going to increase the number of deer tags given out in Gunnison basin units this year? I have heard mixed reports on how bad the winter was, and was wondering if they would do the same increase in tags as last year.

If they do, they are doing it for one reason, money. Not because they have recovered enough to increase. I really doubt they will

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

GMU 54 is the same as 2013
They added 10 tags in second season to both 55 and 551
They added 5 tags in third season to both 55 and 551.
They added 15 tags to second in both 66 and 67.
They added 5 tags to third in both 66 and 67.

No changes to the primitive hunts.

DAU 21 Gmu 54 no change 455 antlered tags.
DAU 22 GMU's 55 551 495 antlered tags up by 30
DAU 25 GMU'S 66 67 400 antlered tags up by 40
Antlerless stayed the same in 66 and 67 140 tags.

Total increase of 70 tags.

1350 total buck hunters for 2014 + 1 hunt of a life time +2 TO 4
GOV TAGS..if they find the one they want before December!!!!!!!!

All tag #'s state wide have to be approved by the wildlife commission at the May meeting. State wide numbers will be on the CPW web site (commission agenda) usually 2 weeks before the meeting. I got these at the area 16 (Gunnison) modeling meeting.
Gunnison may be the only place left in the state that has this meeting every March. I have attended over 30 of them.

Can anyone tell me why they don't list "population estimates" for 2012 or 2013 under deer statistics???

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

That's true, but one more tag for non residents is one more chance I have to draw. 100 percent of my point group drew last year in the unit I put in for. I'll take all the help I can get even if it is only one or two tags!

Pike, looks like state wide numbers should be on the commission
page the 28th. What I posted for Gunny is the SW Region approved #'s to be presented to the commission for May approval.

The numbers staff proposes to the Commission are usually adopted on a consent agenda vote. The public has the opportunity to have the commission look at specific GMU numbers but it takes a ton of e-mails to the commission ahead of the May meeting and a lot of public testimony present in GJ at the meeting. I have seen the numbers changed by the commission but it is a rare event.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom