tagging question (dumb ?)

elkliver

First time i have hunted Colorado and i have a question on their tag. What part do i tear off and attach to carcass? Its pretty obvious that you attach the carcass tag piece with the dates to punch out on it but what about the rest below it? there is a piece that is the habitat stamp and there is a piece that you sign. Do you attach everything below the first place for your signature?

Remove only the carcass tag from the license and follow the directions on the tag. Make sure you don't attach the tag to the antlers they will write you up for that it must be on the carcass.

Keep the other portion of the tag in your pocket until the meat is processed. And dont forget to sign the upper portion of the tag before you go hunting but dont sign the carcass tag until after the kill.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom