takin bets

beardog

LAST EDITED ON Dec-05-03 AT 12:57PM (MST)[p] wernt we takin bets on when the manti units would close??????? well i'll bet southeast manti closes today with 6 cats over the limit------------- i called the hotline yesterday just for the heck of it ,, and se manti was down to 5 so i called today just to see if it was changed and its down to 1 cat. so by the time they all get checked in all bet they go at least 6 cats over the limit......... there must be freakin traffic jams of wheelers and snowmobiles down there... i wonder how many fights they have had at trees????? whats protocol on that?? do the outfitters or do the dudes fight over who gets to shoot the cat when more then one party shows up at the tree???? glad i aint runnin down there this week .... beardog

I'm with you BearDog, I wouldn't drive down there to hunt that unit right now if there was a lion in every canyon.

I knew of at least 3 outfitters that were getting camps setup and lining guys out on that unit a week before it started.

No thanks!! I'll keep sleeping in until 8:00am, driving through the locked gate and turning out on a lion at noon with no one else to even hear the dogs barking. That's my idea of hunting.

Never been too fond of racing guys to the canyon at 3:30am and trying to sort out everybody's dogs that come running into the tree.

They can fight it out. They'll never get 'em all and I'll tell you one other thing. I'll bet the deer and elk on that unit are worn to a frazzle this week. I'll bet those suckers have been run to hell and back for a week straight.

Anybody that believes you can turn that many hound guys loose on a mountain without major deer and elk races, doesn't know much about hounding do they? ;-)

Guess I'll go hunting in the morning. But don't call before 8:00am cuz I'll be in bed. :)

-Dawg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom