TC or CVA?

eyeguard

Hey Gang,

I'm wet behind the ears when it comes to MLing. I'd really like to get serious about it this upcoming year. I've always been interested in getting a TC Omega because a buddy of mine has one with the thumbhole stock and loves it. I love the look and feel of it as well. I've been told that TC (the Omega anyway) has dropped off in the last couple of years, but that CVA has really been coming on (ie Accura).

Please jump in and tell me your opinion(s) on these 2 guns. Any and all feedback is welcome and greatly appreciated. I just want to get an accurate, yet reliable gun that I hopefully won't have too much trouble working up a consistent, accurate load for.

Thanks everyone in advance for your insight! That's one thing I really like about this site. When it comes to advice or needing information... Ask and ye shall receive (usually :) )!

EG

campfire2.gif
"A man can be hard to find in the mountains, but you're welcome at my fire anytime."

If you are only going to shoot sabots, you will love the Omega. If you need one to shoot conicals too, go with the CVA. T/C will tell you their guns are sabot guns

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

It depends on where you plan on hunting, as stated TC is not known for shooting conicals, but most(not all) shoot bell bottom conicals such as FPB fairly well. If you plan on shooting nothing but sabots TC would be my choice if I needed a gun that shot both I would look at CVA or maybe a knight.

I have owned an Omega and it was a decent muzzleloader.
Since then I have had an Accura V2 and it is way better in my opinion...but then again I shoot only full bore bullets from it.
Either should serve you well.
Best,
Jerry

I have a TC omega and a cva optima. IMHO they will both get the job done. I shot a them both a lot in preperation for a bull and cow hunt this year. I killed the bull with my omega and the cow with my optima both guns worked well, so whatever gun feels good to you and is in your price range i say have at it.

Shot my new to me CVA Apex. 50 cal. last weekend and was very pleased with it. Feels great to shoulder, easy to load, easy to clean, great trigger, and shoots great. With a 1x red dot at 100 yards it'll put 5 Barnes 250gr T-EZ's into 2.5" or so groups. I like it!..

Thanks guys for your feedback and insight. I think I'm leaning towards the CVA. Hope to get one by the end of the year at the latest.

EG

campfire2.gif
"A man can be hard to find in the mountains, but you're welcome at my fire anytime."

You are dating yourself with that quote! One of my favorite all timers. I am gonna see those mountains for myself one of these days.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

i shoot the thompson center truimph bone collector with tc easy glides. it performs really well. shot an 350 bull with it at 138 yards and it dropped right where i shot it. shot 3 deer dropped them all but tc truimph use triple 7 not white hots

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom