TC ThunderHawk Question

Packout

Very Active Member
I have a Kansas ML tag and have borrowed a TC Thunder Hawk which I put a scope on. So I need to work up a load for it. ANyone have a suggestion as where to start? What load combo does your TC Thunder Hawk like? Just want a few ideas before heading to the range and wasting money figuring the gun out.

777 powder, Pyrodex, etc? Sabots, Barnes, Powerbelts, etc?

-------------------------
www.sagebasin.com
-------------------------

I have a firehawk which is basically the same gun other than the trigger/ignition system , but I believe about the same barrel. I shoot 100 grains of pyrodex pushing 250 grian Hornady XTPs', and I have them sighted in 2.5 inches high at 100. I have killed three antelope and one muley with this load as it really shoots consistant out of my barrel.For elk I use the same powder but push 250 grain Barnes MZ,also having had some great production with this load.With all muzzleloading , it's just a matter of finding the right powder and pill that shoots well out of your barrel, it can be close to the same or really different , so sometimes it's just a matter of shooting different loads to find what works the most solid. My black diamond shoots powerbelts dead solid with same powder at 100 yards but has hornady XTPs around 4inch @ 100. Hope this helps some...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom