The impeachment trap.

gleninaz

Long Time Member
I think Obama will give a Presidential pardon to all illegals in December. He is waiting until the Louisiana runoff is over. When Reagan gave amnesty he was told by the democrats that there were 1 million illegals here. Turned out to be 3 million. Now they say 11 million but Obama has ordered 35 million green cards. I think he is hoping for impeachment to tie up the congress for two more years. Don't do it! Let him grant pardons and create a massive flood of new hopefuls crashing our southern border. Let the democrats take the heat from minority voters who need the same jobs illegals take. Let the health, prison, welfare and education systems collapse under the weight of new people. Let America rage at the progressives. We can nullify every one of his executive orders after the GOP takes the White House in 2016.

You make this stuff up yourself or get it from the teabags?

Here is an idea, one you could have tried years ago, why don't the republicans come up with a plan? put Obama on the spot with a plan the voters support?

Huh?

Stay thirsty my friends

So Glen,

You want the entire country collapse in order to get the a Republican as president? That may be the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Why not try to solve the problem instead of just letting fester until the whole system crashes around you? That would be called leadership.

Nemont

They will try to solve the problem. They will not pass the old senate bill written by democrats because it has zero border security. My point is don't try to impeach Obama for any reason. It will not end well. You think it is Ok for Obama to do the exact same thing on immigration and bring down the country? The GOP will work on immigration in parts IMO. Why not fix the problems indivuidually instead of a massive overall bill that neither side will embrace?

It's always the unpopular parts that are the problem. a republican senate changes little on that.

So you can do all kinds of things nobody cares about and say you did something, or you can take it head on and fix it. that's what the republicans have said they'd do if they could. so what are they going to do?

Biggest problem, the wetbacks that are here today illegally. what are they going to do about it? and will it put Obama between a rock and a hard place? I really doubt it.

Stay thirsty my friends

We don't have enough kids any longer to replenish the taxpayer base for all of our freebies. We need the illegal workers just like you do on the farm. Part of any bill will be a more reasonable allocation of work permits. Citizenship could be earned but I don't see illegals paying a dime in back whatever to the government. I agree no one will end up being deported which is actually a form of amnesty. They do need a stronger employer sanction including fines and prison but if the employer fesses up at the start give their workers green cards so we can figure out who is here. After the one time forgiveness throw the employers in jail or hit them with crippling fines. With no jobs outside of ones allowed with work permits the flow will slow considerably. The border could be controlled a lot tighter and criminals should be shot or prosecuted, if they miss.

If they're all going to get amnesty WTF is the point in green cards?

Once they get their amnesty half of them won't work anything but the system from then on. so then we can come up with a worker visa program to get the work americans are too good for done by new workers from the south.

It's pretty much lose lose. I just want to see what the republicans are going to do now that more than lip service is expected from them.

Stay thirsty my friends

LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-14 AT 04:30PM (MST)[p]I have to agree with Dude. If they get amnesty along with citizenship with it, Just 20% of them deciding to not work and go on welfare will throw the welfare systems into chaos.
When you have about 12-13 states that pay out more money on welfare then a worker making minimum wages, there will be no incentive to continue working. That is another thing Congress needs to address or the states do it.

They need to install something similar to the old Bracero program they had in the 60's that gave them a green card allowing them to stay here and work. With it they can cross the border both ways and return to their families if they want as in the case of farm labors going home during the winter months.

It did not entitle them to welfare, medical care or other services paid for by American taxpayers. There may need to be revisions on the old program for illegals here with their families and certain guidelines that must be used if they end up seeking citizenship.

RELH

There is no such thing as immigration reform without first securing the border.

I don't care if you want to make every illegal here now a citizen, give them each a million dollars, and give them a key to the White House, if you don't shut the borders down the problem just repeats itself.

If you can't or don't want to secure the border, then the problem must not be that bad and we should just move on to something else.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Anyone see the statistics released by the Border Patrol last month then taken down 2 hours later? 500000 illegals came across the border last year and 50% were non Mexican. The surge is already coming and amnesty will throw it into high gear. We have a crisis on the southern border and no one gives a crap.

Jeez Glen, now you're sounding like a tea party guy. Be careful.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom