The main stream has noticed

One point that they try to make is that the record books take both into account (high fence and fair chase) which is obviously wrong. Any hunter knows that a fair chase animal is always bigger than a pen shot animal...

With that said I don't care if people go shoot them in a fence, that is their time/money/lack of effort/no memories... not mine :)
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

stupid.... political correctness is a waste of time and energy... research it yourself and get the truth about something you don't know about instead of relying on someone else's opinion....

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

Texas is already taking the lead on this one. The mass majority of money in the put and take industry is based within this state. TPWD has been segregating the breeders and put and take shooters more and more each year from the general hunters. Like I stated before I think it is past time for all states, including Texas, to have a legal definition of hunting. If you are a hunter that worries about the publics perception of hunting then you will want the put and take shooters to start funding their own defenses.

At this point of the game it is as silly as Cattle Associations being governed by the same agencies and same rules as hunters. By lumping us together it can only weaken our cause.

As much as it pains me to say it...I agree with Tristate. Boy that doesn't taste good to say that. All joking aside, it seems to be a good idea to me for the state to have a definition of "hunting". I could help a lipid futer issues. JMO

Why you guys care what other people are doing with live stock/animals they bought and paid for on land they bought and paid for is beyond me.

I have hunted high fenced places before, none of which had a breeding program.

What a lot of you fail to allow your minds to comprehend is in some areas of this country with huge amounts of private land, if you want a limited entry unit you have to make one.

I have a Colorado unit 21 buck tag this year and it is as much as a canned hunt for a 4 point buck as any hunt the world over.

Good luck this year.

Todd

A "legal definition" of hunting? How can it strengthen "our cause"? mtmuley

Agreed.

And what IS the legal definition of hunting?

Eel

LAST EDITED ON Sep-15-13 AT 06:47PM (MST)[p]I don't think it will strengthen our cause. I think it will help redirect the attacks by the antis away from us and onto a separate group that needs to learn how to stand on their own away from actual hunters.

Believe it or not put and take pen hunts for lion in South Africa have given a lot of strength to a very strong anti-hunting community that exists there.

Our lifestyle of hunting is governed. Because we have decided that the people own the wildlife that also means that all those people we don't necessarily agree with, antis, get to have a voice in how this resource is utilized. As long as the put and take pen shooters get lumped together with the hunters, the antis will be able to use this in negative PR campaigns against us.

I can almost guarantee that when this rears its ugly head in wildlife policy making all of our state agencies would rather tell the anti's to go bark up some other agencies tree. Let the pen shooters fight their own battles with their own money and quit relying on actual hunters to carry this burden for them.

As for what the legal definition is, I don't know yet. And that is a very complicated question that will take a very complicated issue. It will end up taking a lot of negotiating between lawyers, politicians, and most importantly hunters. I can also guarantee that anti-hunting groups would try and hi-jack the process for their own gains. They are evil and intelligent people and must not be underestimated. Although I could not answer your question I can definitely say that transporting an animal into a pen and shooting him dead a month later is not hunting.

If you think an anti cares the differnce between a fenced animal and a non fenced animal hunt you are more screwed up than they are, respectfully....

But they know you and plenty of others actually think they care the difference and will use that to keep bamboozleing you.

You also have to realize this "mainstream that has noticed" is the same mainstream that supports our administration in all its glory...

Todd

LAST EDITED ON Sep-15-13 AT 07:03PM (MST)[p]https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/399962_614859478532926_692368440_n.jpg

The "mainstream that has noticed".. And FOX is just as bad on differnt subjects.

Todd

Tristate, I will admit it is good to see in the main stream media that they do recognize a distinction between the two.

Maybe the definition will be along the lines of privately owned wildlife vs publically owned wildlife. It's complicated, and I hate to contemplate it because I feel the antis will box us in somehow.

Eel

"If you think an anti cares the differnce between a fenced animal and a non fenced animal hunt you are more screwed up than they are, respectfully...."

I know that an anti doesn't care about the difference. However I am trying to remove ammunition they can use to emotionally confuse our politicians who will right legislation against you.

"But they know you and plenty of others actually think they care the difference and will use that to keep bamboozleing you."

I think you need to slow down and read what I am writing. You are missing the point.

"You also have to realize this "mainstream that has noticed" is the same mainstream that supports our administration in all its glory..."

My only purpose in noticing the mainstream media is trying to show you that this is about to become an issue in everyone's living rooms and not just those of hunters.

>One point that they try to
>make is that the record
>books take both into account
>(high fence and fair chase)
>which is obviously wrong. Any
>hunter knows that a fair
>chase animal is always bigger
>than a pen shot animal...
>
>
>With that said I don't care
>if people go shoot them
>in a fence, that is
>their time/money/lack of effort/no memories...
>not mine :)
>Mntman
>
>"Hunting is where you prove yourself"
>
>
>
>Let me guess, you drive a
>1 ton with oak trees
>for smoke stacks, 12" lift
>kit and 40" tires to
>pull a single place lawn
>mower trailer?

I agree; there aren't too many good memories involved in spending several thousand dollars to bag what, in some cases, amounts to a pet.

words......
>Maybe the definition will be along
>the lines of privately owned
>wildlife vs publically owned wildlife.
more words

>Eel

I think that sentence says it all. If some fella wants to spend a couple hundred thousand setting up his own elk ranch, that's ok. I understand there is a good market for elk meat and other by-products. Good for him.

And if fella #2 comes along and pays fella #1 some $$$ to do what fella #1 was gonna do anyway, that's ok too.

It's just not what I call hunting. Harvesting is more accurate.

"Privately owned wildlife" is an oxymoron that I hope doesn't catch on. The next thing down the pike will be, "That wildlife is on my property, therefore, I own it".

In response to "the antis won't care...", you are correct, but normal American do. Canned hunts damage the sportsman's image, as do photographs of game animals torn in two by .50 caliber projectiles (perhaps MM should exercise some discretion here). At the very least, it seems appropriate to distinguish between "hunting" and "ranching", the difference being fair chase--not only for the animals, but for those who pursue them. When "hunting" becomes the pastime of the landed elite, it will be lost.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom