The Onion

Bluehair

Long Time Member
The Onion is a national treasure.

For your reading pleasure, the brief is linked below. Well worth your time. Also linked to one of the many stories you can find online.

The backstory:

”The 23-page amicus brief was filed on Monday in support of Anthony Novak, who is asking the Supreme Court to take up his civil rights lawsuit against the police officers who arrested and prosecuted him for creating a parody Facebook page of their department (more on that here).”

There is so much good stuff in there, where do you even start? :ROFLMAO:

ARGUMENT
I. Parody Functions By Tricking People Into Thinking That It Is Real.

Tu stultus es. You are dumb. These three Latin words have been The Onion’s motto and guiding light since it was founded in 1988 as America’s Finest News Source, leading its writers toward the paper’s singular purpose of pointing out that its readers are deeply gul- lible people.

The Onion’s motto is central to this brief for two important reasons. First, it’s Latin. And The Onion knows that the federal judiciary is staffed entirely by total Latin dorks: They quote Catullus in the original Latin in chambers. They sweetly whisper “stare deci- sis” into their spouses’ ears. They mutter “cui bono” un- der their breath while picking up after their neighbors’
dogs. So The Onion knew that, unless it pointed to a suitably Latin rallying cry, its brief would be operating far outside the Court’s vernacular.”

God Bless America??

I spend enough time talking to myself….I’m way too lazy to type to myself. One of the benefits of being blocked by everyone I suppose.

The Onion is much like SNL. Brilliant minds that once were so entertaining to read/watch that a right leaning guy simply had to consume. But over time, they leaned left so consistently it got tiring. I haven't read them in a while, might go back and see if it's worth it.

I guess I always considered the onion to have a right leaning bias. However, that could also be because the democrats are such a cornucopia of stupidity.

Im glad to see the right-wing kooks catching up. I always thought the democrats have a better sence of humor about these things. I hope they don’t go all whiney victimhood like the republicans did and spoil the comedy.

TDS killed cable news, and comedy. What they didn't kill, the wokesters got cancelled and banned.

I guess I always considered the onion to have a right leaning bias. However, that could also be because the democrats are such a cornucopia of stupidity.

Im glad to see the right-wing kooks catching up. I always thought the democrats have a better sence of humor about these things. I hope they don’t go all whiney victimhood like the republicans did and spoil the comedy.
Ya, R's have their righteous indignation, but D's wave their destructive wokeness. I believe comedy has been spoiled by both in equal measure.

I spent an hour on the onion. Smart humor as always. But no chance it is right leaning- the articles poking fun at conservatives far outweigh those at liberals. They do some of both, but the pointed ones are clear. Enjoyed it anyway...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom