The Trouble With Tax Scams

OchocoKid

Long Time Member
Joe the plumber isn't happy with his tax refund this year.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/tax-refunds-down-17-percent-160031259.html

Now there are several explanations . 1, you paid more taxes. 2, you didn't withhold enough .

But at the end of the day all anyone remembers is their refund shrunk therefore they got screwed. keep in mind Trump is the president so we're not talking about bright people here.

Meanwhile our national debt goes up at a record pace. this should all play out wonderfully in 2020.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

I have zero sympathy for people too stupid to count on a tax refund and blame it on anyone but themselves. I have had a couple of people in my office complaining about not getting the same size refund and asked why they wouldn't want our government holding their money interest free. Neither seemed to grasp that concept.

This one isn't Trump's fault.

Nemont

I haven't had a refund in about 13 years. I always have to pay

On the radio show I listen to, they talked about a lady that was confused about people filing taxes. She claims that they just take it out of her check and didn't understand there's more to it. I guess she hasn't filed in years.

The tax scam is Trump's fault. the smaller refunds aren't. well in a way they are, the withholdings across the board were too low, had been a desire to make the withholding more in line with what they should have been that could have been done. bigger checks going into the election year was a bad thing ?

remember this ?

https://insider.foxnews.com/2017/12...paychecks-february-if-tax-bill-done-christmas

But in the end it's what you pay that matters not when you pay it. but that isn't how it's going to play out with voters. all they see is a disappointing check.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-19 AT 11:03AM (MST)[p]We owed $800 last year, this year got a $2200 refund. I don't understand the problem. If people want a bigger refund, have more money deducted out of your paycheck.

I haven't worked in a W-2 job for 25 years and don't get the entire idea of why people would deliberately over pay the tax man in the hopes of getting it back. It makes zero sense to me on a financial level but I guess.

Even if I was working for a wage I would want it to be as near of a wash as possible, not a forced non interest bearing payment to let Uncle Sam use my money.

I don't believe financially illiterate Americans can blame Trump for their own stupidity with their own money. Personal responsibility has to rule at some point.

Nemont

The drunk in OREGON has no problem blaming Trump on this. Dude I'm wondering if you have a grasp for whats going on? Read what NeMont said.

Nemont is 100 percent right on this one.
Financial and economic literacy in this county is so pathetic. No wonder we are 22 trillion in debt.

Nemont is right my neighbor is a CPA, some folks are pissed off thought they were lied too and then he shows them how much tax they paid last year then this year and has to point out to some their checks were bigger on payday in some cases. Then he may have to explain further in some cases. Some still think they got screwed because that's what they heard on the news,,,,,,,,Hmmm.....95% paid less in taxes and many paid less even when factoring in their raises.

Yobo as usual you shoot your mouth off without thinking. that's not what I said.

I didn't say it was Trump's fault in the cases where people's overall tax bill is smaller. I am saying if he was going to brag about the bigger paychecks he owns the smaller refunds. one begets the other .

the chumps should understand it's the total you pay that counts not when you pay it. but they're chumps they don't see past today and they don't remember yesterday.

the good news is this isn't an election year right ? I don't think they thought that far ahead but it's a luck break.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Back in my working days I know people who would claim 0 dependents so they would get a lot of money withheld every check. Then claim 4-6 dependents at tax time and get a big refund. During the year they charge stuff on their Visa Card and pay 18% interest every month. But by god, they got a big refund, and brag about how smart they were.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom